History of the College
Prafulla Chandra College receives a rich legacy of the renowned City College, South Calcutta Branch, Evening Section, established by the Brahmo Samaj Education Society and is subsequently named in the memory of the internationally acclaimed scientist and educationist, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Roy. This leading evening college is affiliated to the University of Calcutta since 1955.It was recognized by the University Grants Commission in 1961, accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council in 2007 and converted into a co-educational institution by the University of Calcutta in 2012.It offers Three – Year Degree (Honours and General) Courses in the Bachelor of Arts, the Bachelor of Science and the Bachelor of Commerce. Located in a very fashionable part of South Kolkata, easily accessible by frequently available railway services and other modes of public transport system from all parts of the city as well as suburbs, it is currently a government-aided co-educational evening college with huge infrastructural facilities. Its nice – looking and peaceful campus extends the scope of quality higher education to the willing students of the country and abroad.